Saturday, May 14, 2011

Cut Flowers ..... To Go

Just had to share with you this idea that came from my son -- and I think it's brilliant!!  When we met for Mother's Day he brought me cut flowers -- which was so nice, and made me smile ...... but ..... he knew I'd have to get them home and he brought a pitcher of water to keep them alive on the trip.  This turned out to be a brilliant idea, because ..... I could secure the pitcher by passing the seat belt right through the handle and it didnt budge an inch!!   I only kept an inch or so of water so there was no danger of it splashing and, as you can see - they made it home in perfect condition ...

I put the pitcher in the back seat


secured it with the seat belt - around the pitcher and through the handle ...



added the flowers - and drove home ...


Here they are, safe at home in a beautiful vase for me to enjoy!


So....... now I'm thinking ...... what else would transport better in a pitcher that can be secured and safe from spilling???    especially if your pitcher has a lid -- how about fruit salad?  
Cant wait to hear your ideas ....




2 comments:

  1. great idea Brenda!! thank you!!
    Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda, brilliant idea, plus you have an extra pitcher! How about pasta salad? You could put a large baggie with some ice in it and set the pitcher in that bag then secure. Perhaps a towel under the bag in case it leaks. Just pour out the pasta salad to serve upon arrival. Joanne

    ReplyDelete