Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Pretty Words -- from the heart

Beautiful Words - Beautiful Letters -- I love them both.    I love writing beautiful words that have a special meaning.   So I was happy when my BFF asked me to write her favorite saying on an out-building at her farm. 

   We printed it in a style we both loved


I enlarged it to use as a guide


Her husband gave me a level line


Next comes a  flourish of leaves (and one special flower)


.... I measured and centered the words ....



and then I started writing ......
(in between moments of holding my breath :)



from the book 'The Little Prince' by Antoine de Saint-Exupery ...
the words are ...



And now here is my secret, a very simple secret:
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the eye ..




I think the Little Prince would be happy ....


but most importantly .... my BFF is happy
that makes ME happy !

8 comments:

  1. Brenda, where do you get all these stupendous creative ideas? I love it! Can't wait to see what you do next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loretta-PumpkinpatchApril 12, 2011 at 1:28 PM

    beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brenda this is fabulous. It looks beautiful! and so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this...you are soooo talented!

    Wrenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely done presentation...beautifully demonstrated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! It is lovely - and what a lovely idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really love this Brenda! Absolutely awesome. My little girl who is only 8 now talks to me about when she gets a house, she wants to paint wildflowers on the bottom all the way around! I hope she still does as an adult because this would be so much fun! Great job on the project and your pictures are wonderful. I really understood how you did this! :) Thank you for the ideas and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never thought of doing that! Awesome. Thank you for linking up this great post at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop :) Hope to see you again this Sunday!

    ReplyDelete